thoughts of a missionary on the island of Guam

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So, it's week four serving as a teacher (k-5/1st grade) here on Guam, and goodness, I'm falling in love with my kids. Just today, little Ethan sat beside me on a bench, pulled my arm around himself, and laced his fingers in mine. He's about four, very quiet, and loves individualized attention.

Each child is all his own! When I first started in this position, I couldn't help but wish I had a manual to go along with each student. Hm, I laugh now as I think of the personalities and peculiarities of each child. I now have a deeper respect for moms and teachers, as this job is not easy! But it's well worth it. Lord, thank you.

What a beautiful sight tonight!















Love,

Abigail

1 comment:

ragamuffin4199 said...

thanks for making me smile. :) love the pics! miss you and praying for you... -j